Nursery Practitioner – The Priory Day Nursery, Filton, BS34 7PT
Nursery Apprentice – The Priory Day Nursery, Filton, BS34 7PT
Why work for Bristol Childcare…
- We are a family run business and we treat our staff as a professional family.
- We value each and every member of staff equally. We work as a team. Staff are asked for opinions and comments on policies, procedures and changes in the nursery and across the business.
- We pay all staff above the minimum wage and offer a contributory pension.
- We respect and support staff. We take physical and mental health seriously and have a Wellbeing Policy and other supportive policies such as a Menopause Policy.
- We communicate with and collaborate with our staff. Staff can contact and liaise with the Managing Director at any time.
- We value training and development. We have a comprehensive programme of supervision and appraisals and we invest in professional development.
- We have a strong ethos and vision which permeates all aspects of our business.
- We believe in self-reflection and continuous improvement at all levels.
- We have staff that have worked with us for over 30 years. Why not come and find out what it’s like to be part of our team…
CPD – Cascade Training
Continuing professional development is important to us at Bristol Childcare. All staff have a Professional Development form where Priorities for Improvement are recorded. We also have Room and Nursery Development Plans.
We recognise that training can take many forms, including external courses; reading; videos and conversations. Part of our CPD is Cascade Training, which takes place twice a year on a Saturday morning. The whole BCC team comes together to learn from each other. We’ve discovered that it’s a really dynamic way to share ideas, enthusiasm, motivation and to develop and learn as a group.
“It was a really enjoyable Cascade. I really enjoyed the maths and singing presentations.”
“I came away feeling energised”
“The training was really good on Saturday, lots of new things to try out at nursery”
A Supportive Environment
“Family” is a core part of our ethos and the feeling of teamwork and support permeates all that we do. We look after our staff in all the ways that we can. We are mental health aware. We aim to create a happy, healthy working environment. We have high standards and expectations, because we work with children and we want the best for those in our care, but you will be valued and appreciated. There is a comprehensive system of supervision and appraisal and all staff are encouraged to ask for help when they need it.